Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Malazan Book of Fallen" re-reading project

Tor.com started a re-reading project for the Steven Erikson’s series, “Malazan Book of the Fallen”, but also for the Ian C. Esslemont’s contribution to this fantasy world. The project is lead by Bill Capossere, from fantasyliterature.com, and Amanda Rutter, also from fantasyliterature.com but who also runs her personal blog Floor to Ceiling Books, both of them joined after the reading of each of the novels from the series by the two writers, Steven Erikson and Ian C. Esslemont, for a wrap-up.

“Malazan Book of the Fallen” was part of my Pile o’ Shame for a long time, but I read Ian C. Esslemont’s “Night of Knives” and I started this year Steven Erikson’s series, “Gardens of the Moon” being for me one of the best readings of this year so far. Therefore I will go along this project too in an attempt of reading this acclaimed fantasy series and for a try to settle these books more into my memory, with the help of the comments and the discussions that will take place at Tor.com. I am not sure if I would be able to keep the pace of this re-reading project, which is at 100-150 pages covered in one article per week, but I would certainly try too. If not I will still follow the discussions around the project for a better feeling of Steven Erikson and Ian C. Esslemont’s fantasy world. The project already kicked off, yesterday Bill Capossere and Amanda Rutter posting their thoughts on the Prologue and the first chapter of “Gardens of the Moon”.

No comments: